FROM JACK DEERE’S TAPE: JUDGMENT
• When does an evaluation become a judgment? It becomes
judgment when it has no mercy and takes away the hope.
• If we see someone do something wrong and anger rises
up in our hearts, it is almost always judgment.
• If we see someone doing something wrong and prayer
rises up in our hearts, that is right and acceptable.
• We don’t close our eyes to it. Love and judgment see
the same sins, but they have different attitudes.
• If you see someone you really love do something wrong,
you want to help them by praying for them.
• Mercy triumphs over judgment.
• Judgment robs us of joy and the joy of our salvation.
You will never see a book called the happy Pharisee.
They were the judges and they will never be happy. They
are always preoccupied with the negative and critical.
• Judgment guarantees we will be judged, causes us to
live in the past and robs us of joy. Judgment grieves
and offends the Lord.
• If all you have is discipline, it will either leave
you bitter or a Pharisee. You must have the passion and
love side of the Lord too. Serving Him out of discipline
only is death. You must have a passion for a person,
greater than performance.